Aqua-Tech Recruitment are delighted to be working with a leading Engineering company who specialise in the water industry. Due to various recent project wins, they are looking to grow their teams and are currently looking for a Senior Control & Automation Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing company who are already well established and highly reputable. The client is extremely forward-thinking and will consider a 4-day working week after the initial probation period (at the managers’ discretion).
They have offices in Edinburgh, Inverness, Preston and Cumbernauld with extremely flexible working arrangements.
The client is an established industry leader providing single sourced solutions within the field of MEICAT Engineering. Their areas of expertise include hazardous areas, PLC/SCADA, telemetry integration, electrical engineering design, installation, project management and preventive maintenance.
The client believes delivering a high performing, sustainable workforce is integral to successfully support our clients. They embrace change and promote diversity to effectively support long-term career aspirations and exceptional delivery within safe, supportive environments.
The Senior Control & Automation Engineer is responsible for the team members and for all technical aspects of projects from cradle to grave. The position oversees and performs the design, programming, documentation, testing, and commissioning of all control system projects. The Senior Control & Automation Engineer also contributes to overall team performance by training/mentoring team members, providing technical assistance, and improving processes and standards as well as managing the teams workloads.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop solutions using a variety of applications, standards and technologies to meet our customer commitments
- Identify and correct technical issues in solutions through formal test practices
- Create, improve and implement standards and processes
- Provide customer/internal technical support
- Document solutions to company and customer standards
- Provide on-site installation, commissioning, start-up services and application training for our solutions
- Basic project management, define and monitor project scope and objectives
- Delivery of project milestones aligned with customer requirements, schedule and quality expectations
- As an experienced Senior Control & Automation Engineer you will be able to demonstrate your passion and commitment to a career in an engineering environment, showing an aptitude for the design and development of industrial control and monitoring systems using a range of hardware and software products
- Project experience using PLCs, HMI, SCADA, Historian, MES and similar technologies
- Experience using Siemens Step 7, WinCC and TIA portal software
- Project experience with VSD’s and intelligent motor starters
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of control system hardware and software systems and their interaction with a wider, networked world
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical/control systems designs, schematics and other project related drawings
- Knowledge of relevant IEC standards such as BS EN 61131 and 61508
- Experience using SCADA applications such as WinCC V7.X, Wonderware and FactoryTalk
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server) and common high-level programming languages (such as C#, VB.NET, VB, etc.)
- Knowledge and appreciation of industrial processes, and in particular water industry processes
- Knowledge of Electrical Switchgear and Control gear assemblies and relevant IEC standards such as BS EN 61439
Qualifications & Skills:
- BSc, BEng. Electronic/Computer/Control Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Minimum 5 years working with SCADA and PLC systems
- Knowledge of all commonly used PLC programming languages
- Knowledge of industrial control circuits.
- Knowledge of networking and communication technologies
- Driving Licence Essential
This role is completely flexible with its base, with offices in Inverness, Edinburgh, Preston & Cumbernauld as well as home/hybrid working. A full driving licence is required as there maybe occasional site visits to client sites.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Optional private health care (after probation period)
- Free life assurance
- Matched pension scheme (after probation period)
- 33 days holidays inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Flexible working
- Sick Scheme
- Potential for 4 day working week
- Access to Employer Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance - an online portal offering financial support via articles, videos and blogs. You can apply for loans and savings schemes via payroll
- Cycle to work Scheme
You will also have access to your ‘My Rewards’ portal. This provides amazing reductions on purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bills & top retail brand discounts.
Here’s a few so you can see the type of saving’s you can make:
- Up to 7% discounts on major supermarkets
- Up to 52% on Cinema tickets
- Up to 33% on holidays and travel
- Up to 10% on restaurants and takeaways
- Up to 25% off gym membership
If this is of interest and you would like to have a confidential chat, please call me on 07469 273 385 or send your CV to email@example.com and I will contact you.